Sunday 11 March 2012

Top Hats and Tea Cups Vintage Wedding Fair

The nice weather we've been having here in Bristol continued today as I went along to the Top Hats and Tea Cups wedding fair, organised by Marry Me In Someset. It was a vintage-style fair, held at the rather grand Lord Mayor's Mansion House in Clifton. There was a lovely selection of exhibitors, and I'm pleased to say I got a free glass of wine on arrival (mmm...free wine). 

The Mansion House itself has several rooms available for weddings, and is licensed for civil ceremonies, meaning you can have your ceremony and reception all in one place. Catering is provided by Fosters event catering, who had their own stand at the fair and informed me they could cater for an eye-watering 2000 people! Speaking of food, I was also able to try a gluten-free cupcake from the wonderful Cupcake Cabaret, and managed to get chocolate all over my face, which wasn't the professional look I'd been going for!

Other exhibitors included Aunties Vintage China, who used to holiday in the same hotel I'm getting married in (it really is a small world), Bramble & Wild florists with their jam jars stuffed full of fragrant blooms, and Oscar and Rose Photography, who create amazing 'scrapbook' style photo albums after capturing your wedding. 

There was also a second floor of exhibitors devoted to bridalwear and accessories. Amongst them was the lovely Beth Philpot, (bethphilpot@mail.com) who designs bespoke bridal gowns and jewelry. I've been really struggling so far to find a wedding dress that I like and that would suit me, because I don't want the usual strapless, diamante-encrusted, big pile of fluff. This means I'm starting to lean more and more towards getting a gown specially made. At the very least, it would definitely mean no one else ever had the same dress as me! 

I managed to grab one photo of the Mansion House whilst I was waiting for Mr Moosh to come along in his car and pick me up.


No comments:

Post a Comment