Thursday 3 May 2012

Wedding Colour Scheme - Black & Red

Inspired by this wonderful Mass Effect mood board on the 'When Geeks Wed' blog - http://whengeekswed.com/blog1/2012/03/13/mass-effect-inspiration-board/ - I've put together my own black and red wedding colour scheme. They're probably not the first colours you'd think of when considering weddings but, like all colour schemes the secret to success is moderation. Pick out a few key pieces that can 'cope' with either colour - red flowers or black bridesmaid dresses, for example - instead of using them everywhere. White/cream would be a good accent colour for this palette. The black and red colour scheme works particularly well in a contemporary city wedding. 




As you might be able to tell, my numerous pleadings to Mr Moosh for him to teach me how to put all these images into one mood board fell on deaf ears. We'll all just have to put up with the long, stringy lines of images until I find someone else who can help, or I throw the computer out the window! 


Image credits: perfect-wedding-day.com, wedding-flowers-and-reception-ideas.com, beautiful-bridal.blogspot.com, beautifulcliche.tumblr.com, http://www.wedding-buffalo.com/black-bridesmaid-dresses.

1 comment:

  1. Super chic black and red wedding color scheme! I loved each and every inspiration in this post. My sister had also used this color scheme for her wedding. It was a small DIY family ceremony held at vintage Seattle Wedding venues. We all had great time arranging her party.

    ReplyDelete