Tuesday 1 May 2012

A Wedding Planner Should...

This post is inspired by two things. Firstly, a conversation I had over the internet with a lady in the United States, who'd just fired her wedding planner because the planner was trying to push her into changing pretty much everything about her wedding. Secondly, the publication of the first issue of Unique Bride magazine, which has broken the mould of wedding magazines to say that your wedding is about you and should be filled with things you care about and look like you want! Thinking about these things has prompted me to clarify how a wedding planner should help you achieve a wedding that is as unique as the people getting married.

When I set up Strawberry Soufflé Weddings, I was adamant that I wouldn't be just another boring wedding planner, but someone who genuinely cared about getting you the wedding you wanted. As a bride-to-be myself, it can be rather soul-crushing to repeatedly hear the phrases "have to" or "you must" as soon as you mention the W-word. People who you thought were perfectly sane will start climbing the walls when you tell them your fiancé wont be wearing a tie, or that you don't want fake nails (my bridesmaid quit over the last one). It becomes very hard to stay true to the style of wedding you have imagined as a couple. Understanding all this is why I want to emphasise the most fundamental aspect of my business:

I WILL NEVER TELL YOU HOW YOUR WEDDING SHOULD BE. EVER. 

My job is to help you get what you want. Think of me as an extra pair of hands who can run around doing all the boring things whilst you enjoy yourselves and get on with your lives. Need a hundred paper pom-poms attached to the ceiling of your marquee - I can do that. Need someone to find you a supplier of steampunk wedding accessories, or vintage teasets - I can do that too. Organising your wedding can be fun, but it can also take up a huge amount of time, which is why it can be helpful to book one of Strawberry Soufflé's services - from full planning to venue styling. I think a lot of couples worry that hiring a wedding planner means you'll end up with someone else's wedding, but that's not how I work. A big part of my job is to meet with you and find out what makes you tick, what you like and dislike, and what you do and don't want on your big day. I then work with all of this to give you a wedding that is a reflection of you as a couple. No idea is too 'strange', no detail too small. 

Remember, there is no "have to" when it comes to weddings. There's only you, your partner, and the things you like. 


For more information and to arrange a free initial consultation, email info@strawberrysouffleweddings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment